Our Ecological Services:
Restoration and rehabilitation projects are the crux of Rural Design. We provide a comprehensive and holistic ecological restoration management service, from planning and feasibility stages, right through to detailed design and implementation for your project.
Our tailored approach ensures we fit available resources, spatial scales and differing ecosystems on your site – while also helping you achieve the desirable outcome. Easy implementation is the goal, and all of our restoration plans contain detailed information to ensure we meet that goal.
Every client’s project is unique when it comes to ecological restoration. We incorporate the latest GIS technology, matched with sound practical knowledge and proven experience in the field.
Our restoration planting work is varied, including:
- riparian and wetland management and protection plantings
- weed replacement/suppression plantings
- pioneer revegetation projects
- bush diversity and enhancement plantings
- restoration and stabilisation plantings of erosion prone land
For a seamless service, we can manage your project from the planning stage, to the point where the plantings have developed canopy cover and require minimal maintenance. This includes:
- budgeting and required resources
- recommendations for irrigation and protection
- species selection
- plant sourcing
- site selection and placement of trees
- planting and protection (e.g. tree guards, weed mats)
- release from grasses and weeds
- ongoing maintenance
To get your restoration project off to a great start, we can provide assistance for a variety of regional and national funding projects, including the 1 Billion Trees programme. Achieving the best outcomes for your land is always our benchmark, while also balancing the retention of productive farmland. It’s simply, right plants, planted in the right place, for the right purpose.
Working closely with our in-house landscaping and nursery colleagues means we deliver all projects in a timely and professional manner. Our plants are eco-sourced wherever possible to ensure they are genetically adapted to the specific site.